Are you one of those people who started all enthusiastic about your new exercise routine, and then gave up or were forced to give up much earlier than expected? Don’t worry, you are not alone.
At Joseph Stuto, DPM, we have noticed that the most common reasons why people fail to remain consistent include:
- Lack of pre-workout preparation.
- Not having proper gear, resulting in injuries and sprains right at the start.
- Jumping from being idle to high-intensity workouts.
- Not getting your feet checked for any underlying issues.
If you want to stay safe and follow through with your exercise plans till the end, then you need to make sure that you do not make these mistakes.
Here are a few things that you can do to avoid failing this year:
- Consult your podiatrist before you start your exercise routine. It is important to know the state of your feet so that you can be careful beforehand in case you are developing any painful foot conditions.
- Proper footwear is the most important element for the successful execution of your workouts. Look for shoes that are designed to ensure stability and balance to help keep your feet safe while you work out. Get your feet measured by a foot doctor so that you know your size when you head out for your shoe shopping.
- Choose your exercise plan wisely. Start slowly and move onto more intense programs later through the year, as you build up strength and stamina. Starting with a tough work-out right away will surely land you into forced breaks, eventually halting your workouts altogether.
- We cannot overemphasize the importance of stretching pre and post work out routines. Flexing your muscles during warm-up will keep you on track and prevent issues like tissue damage, muscle cramps, sprains, and fractures.
If you have concerns about your exercise routines or are unsure about the health of your feet, our podiatrist Dr. Joseph Stuto is here to help. Call or visit any of our offices located in Brooklyn Heights (718) 624-7537 and Brooklyn (718) 567-1403 right away.