Posts for tag: kids creative activities
With children being at home all day long, they may get into the habit of watching screens more than the advised amount. Too much exposure to TV, laptops, tablets, etc. can be damaging for the overall health of the kids.
- Engage them in individual activities: Book reading, playing puzzles, painting, and drawing are creative ways to keep your children busy.
- Give them a task that will make them feel like they are contributing to something important. Making them do simple chores like setting the table, making quick and easy snacks, clearing up once they have eaten are some examples.
- Similarly, you need to create a sense of competition or thrill into mundane jobs like “who will fold the clean laundry first?”, “who can clean the maximum number of dishes?” etc. Not only will you get the job done, but they will also feel more involved in helping around the house.
- With free time on their hands, they may be insisting on watching cartoons or movies for most of the day. Challenge them to create their cartoon characters and build a story.
- Have a scavenger hunt around the house. Let them look for clues and find the ultimate treasure. The longer and more difficult you make them look, the greater the sense of achievement.
- Board games, especially those focused on building vocabulary, can be very exciting. You may not even know how long you have been at it because the players tend to get so engrossed in the game.
If you have any queries or are concerned about any of your family member’s health, feel free to contact our two offices in Brooklyn, NY, at (718) 624-7537 or (718) 567-1403. You can also get a consultation by requesting an appointment online.