Posts for tag: holiday foot care
This time of the year is filled with the joys of holidays, food and presents! While you soak up all the happiness, don’t forget your feet have been holding you up and carrying you around, all year round! They deserve a treat too.
At Joseph Stuto, DPM we have come up with creative ideas to help shop for you and your loved ones’ feet as well.
A foot massage is the perfect gift for those who have tired and sore feet. Not only will that give your feet a break, but it will relieve pain, reduce swelling (if any) and improve blood circulation, which will speed up the healing process in case of any damaged tissue.
- Gift coupons for spa pedicures are a great option. However, make sure that the spa you choose is clean and their staff uses properly sterilized tools.
- Foot creams and moisturizers are essential to keep the skin of your feet hydrated and healthy. By preventing dryness, they eliminate the risk of cuts and cracks and save your feet from skin infections.
- Colorful and funky socks attract all ages these days. They keep your feet warm and serve as cushioning for the heels and arches.
- Fluffy and plush slippers are trending nowadays; however, make sure that they provide arch and heel support and are not completely flat. With extra soft cushioning under your feet, you are very likely to enjoy a comfy and cozy winter!
- Visit any of our offices located in Brooklyn Heights (718) 624-7537 and Brooklyn (718) 567-1403, New York for consultation and a thorough examination by our board-certified podiatrist Dr. Joseph Stuto.
For those who have diabetes, we urge you not to ignore your feet, instead pay special attention. Keep a lookout for cuts or wounds, as nerve damage may hamper your sense of feeling and you may not be aware of your wounds till it is too late. Contact us to schedule your appointment today and have a happy holiday.