Are you one of those who set fitness goals at the beginning of the New Year, but end up sitting back? Is that because you injured your feet or suffered pain due to overuse?
Well, don’t let your fun stop. We at Joseph Stuto, DPM have a team of experts who treats a wide variety of foot conditions including sports injuries, in-toeing, bunions, hammertoes, sprains, fractures, diabetic foot disorder, shin splints, and more.
Just follow these few tips and we are sure that you will be back on track:
- Consult our foot doctor Dr. Joseph Stuto, who is a board-certified podiatrist. Not only will he conduct a thorough examination of your feet and lead your way back to recovery, but he can also suggest other fitness routines that will relieve pain and have a lesser impact on your feet so that they can heal properly.
- Footwear is crucial for the health of your feet. We cannot overemphasize the use of the right shoes for your activities. When going shoe shopping, make sure that you buy shoes that have enough room for movement, provide a strong grip and support to your heels and arches, and, most importantly, are the right size.
- Stop if you feel pain or discomfort. Do not persist thinking the pain will go away by itself. Overuse of the muscles can rupture or damage your tissue which could hold you back longer than expected. Listen to your body and visit your podiatrist right away.
- Taking a buddy along with you for exercise always helps. Not only is that added encouragement to keep pursuing your goals, but you both will have a constant reminder to take it slow and steady.
- Don’t forget to stretch and warm-up before you start, as most muscle pulls and sprains occur when people skip flexing routines.
If you feel discomfort in your feet or ankles, call us at any of our offices located in Brooklyn Heights (718) 624-7537 and Brooklyn (718) 567-1403, New York and schedule an appointment right away. Why suffer when we are here to help?