Orthotic inserts are the most widespread and safe solutions to a number of foot and ankle problems. While standard inserts are available over-the-counter, orthotic inserts that are customized by a podiatrist to treat a specific problem are more effective.
Here are some of the most frequent issues that can be addressed by using orthotics:
- Inflammation of the tissue under your foot that connects the heel with the toes, also known as plantar fasciitis;
- Heel and arch pain caused by inadequate support or ill-shaped shoes that harm the shape of your feet;
- Soreness due to Achilles tendonitis;
- The occurrence of bunions and other bone and joint deformities are mostly seen as a result of wearing poorly-fitted shoes;
- Corns and calluses that cause your skin to become hard and scaly, making you prone to fungal infections and bacteria;
- Swelling and pain experienced at the ball of the foot arising from excessive stress on the feet;
- Muscle sprains and bone fractures may be avoided due to enhanced stability and a stronger grip.
Depending on the kind of foot condition our patients have, our podiatrist, Dr. Joseph Stuto can recommend either a soft orthotic insert or a hard one, designed exclusively to treat the particular issue that you are encountering.
It is important and more beneficial to get the inserts customized according to the shape of your feet. If your insert does not provide your feet the support it is supposed to, your feet could suffer even more.
Know that your orthotics can take you a long way if you let them. Make the right choice and use the inserts for your well-being. For your queries regarding orthotic inserts, or any questions regarding the condition of your feet, feel free to contact Joseph Stuto, DPM at (718) 624-7537. Our team of experts is experienced and trained to treat a diverse range of ankle and foot disorders and are here to address your concerns.