Plantar fasciitis symptom is severe heel pain caused by damaged tissue and inadequate rest to allow for healing. The plantar fascia becomes inflamed and, if ignored, can have long-term harmful effects.
What are the signs of Plantar Fasciitis?
- Tenderness or inflammation in the heel.
- Pain or discomfort when you take your first step in the morning or after getting up from an idle position.
- Heel pain after exercising or engaging in intense physical activity, especially running or jogging.
- Burning sensation in the foot in general, or in the heel in particular.
However, experts recommend that a little resting period and some preventive measures can eliminate this problem.
At Stuto Foot Specialist Podiatry, our experts suggest the following ways to manage your pain:
- If the pain is caused after exercising, take some time off and let your feet repair the damaged tissue.
- Avoid strenuous activity and choose relatively easier sports that do not put too much pressure on your feet, like swimming.
- Wear comfortable shoes with soft padding and extra heel and arch support for better balance and to avoid injuries.
- Elevate your feet while resting to avoid swelling and inflammation.
- If you are overweight, maintaining a healthy weight will reduce pressure on your feet and prevent such conditions.
If your heel pain is persistent and is not improving despite adopting precautionary measures, schedule an appointment or visit any of our two convenient office locations: Brooklyn - Heights, NY (718) 624-7537 or Brooklyn, NY (718) 567-1403, so that our experts can examine your feet thoroughly and devise an appropriate course of treatment accordingly.
Our podiatrists are experienced in treating a wide variety of foot conditions, including sprains, injuries, stress fractures, bone or joint deformities, diabetes-related problems, fungal or bacterial infections, and more. Contact us today and benefit from our advanced technologies and high-quality services geared to ensure that your podiatric needs are served in the best possible manner.