Are you experiencing pain in your heels and is that causing difficulty in walking? There are many reasons for heel pain, and knowing the root cause for your pain is important so that the right course of treatment is administered.
At Joseph Stuto, DPM we have identified some of the common sources of heel pain. These include:
- Achilles tendon inflammation or tendonitis;
- Bone fracture is extremely painful and can lead to an extended duration of immobility;
- Excessive weight on the heels due to ill-fitted or poorly structured shoes;
- Injury to the soft tissue or tendons that are spread across under your feet and along the sides as well;
- Painful inflammation or damage to the plantar fasciitis;
- Neuroma or nerve damage linked to diabetes can also affect the heel and cause pain.
Tissue damage and neuropathy are hard to diagnose, especially during the early stages. Precaution and care can mitigate their effects and reduce heel pain substantially.
Moreover, our patients can benefit from Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) for heel pain. This therapy is a safe and effective treatment for heel pain.
If your heels hurt and you are unsure of the cause, visit any of our offices located in Brooklyn Heights (718) 624-7537 and Brooklyn (718) 567-1403 for a thorough examination, treatment, and cure. Our board-certified podiatrist Dr. Joseph Stuto has a great deal of experience in treating a multitude of foot disorders and problems like injuries and wounds, fungal infections, toenail issues, stress fractures, sports injuries, arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, ankle sprains and more. Don’t delay your treatment and don’t take these issues lightly, as these pains may be indications of a serious underlying problem. Contact us for more information and appointments. Know that your feet are important to us!