Here are the three things that you should be doing:
- Do focus on lean proteins and complex carbs, i.e., eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Doing so will ensure that the body gets an ample supply of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that it needs to stay strong and fight against diseases.
- Do stay hydrated. It is extremely important to replenish the water that your body loses by consuming adequate water and electrolytes.
- Do consult your podiatrist if you are overweight and need help in making changes to your diet plan and your lifestyle as a whole.
Now we come to the three things that you should avoid:
- Don’t eat foods that are excessively oily or fatty. Not only will they affect your heart and make you at risk of heart diseases, but they will also make you inactive and lethargic.
- Don’t consume too much sugar. Fizzy drinks and juices are mostly sugar that can play havoc with your body. As a result, diabetes is a significant threat that can damage your feet. Also, keep a lookout for the sugar content mentioned on the labels of various food products, and make your choices accordingly.
- Don’t ignore foot pain or discomfort in your lower limbs. Persistent pain can indicate an underlying condition that needs attention. Proper and timely treatment can save you from a lot of misery.
In case of concerns or queries regarding your podiatric needs, consult our podiatrists, Dr. Joseph C. Stuto, Dr. Joseph A. Stuto, Dr. Lisa Fuchs, or Dr. Momna Younas, who will examine your feet and decide on the most suitable treatment required. You can call us or visit our two convenient office locations: Brooklyn - Heights, NY (718) 624-7537 or Brooklyn, NY (718) 567-1403.