Posts for category: Custom Orthotics
We know how useful orthotic inserts are for the feet; however, they are incredibly beneficial for the proper functioning of your knees, hips, and back as well.
Custom orthotic inserts provide extra support to the problematic areas, such as the heels or the arches.
Through the use of added padding or cushioning, the pressure is redistributed. This not only corrects your gait but properly adjusts your entire body posture.
How do custom orthotics help?
- Arch support: With the right amount of support for your arches, your feet will be saved from excessive pressure and will be able to function correctly. The improved foot function and alignment improves knee and back function as well.
- Padding: Soft cushioning provided by orthotic shoe inserts prevents wounds and painful blisters caused by friction.
- Stability and balance: The risk of falls and resultant injuries like sprains and fractures can be drastically reduced through the use of orthotic inserts. Orthotic ankle support also improves the alignment of your knees, hips, and back, thereby reducing pain and discomfort.
- Prevent surgery: Joint or bone deformities like bunions, hammertoes, and the like, if identified at an early stage, can be corrected by orthotic insert devices. Severe or critical cases may still require surgical procedures for posture correction. Consult your podiatrist so that the right diagnosis and treatment can be followed.
Customized orthotic inserts are more beneficial and effective as they match your footprint and address the specific issues that your feet are encountering.
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort in your feet, you should see a podiatrist right away. At Stuto Foot Specialist Podiatry, all our professionals maintain the highest levels of accreditation and stay abreast of the latest trends in podiatry. We use advanced technologies to diagnose and treat a wide variety of foot and ankle problems such as sports injuries, ingrown toenails, arthritis, shin splints, bunions, flat feet, heel pain, Achilles Tendon, hammertoes, nail fungus, chronic tendon pain, and skin problems.
Contact either of our two offices in Brooklyn, NY, at (718) 624-7537 or (718) 567-1403 for any queries or concerns about any of your family member’s foot health. You can also schedule a consultation with Joseph C. Stuto, DPM, or Joseph A. Stuto, DPM, by requesting an appointment online. Visit our patient education library and blog section for more extensive information on podiatry related topics.
Do your feet hurt after a long day at work? If so, have you considered custom orthotics? Available from the Brooklyn, NY, offices of Drs. Joseph C. Stuto and Joseph A. Stuto, orthotics come in three main categories that vary in size, shape, and materials. Read on to learn how they can help you and your feet!
More About Custom Orthotics
Bunions, corns, calluses, and hammertoes are just a few of the foot conditions that orthotics are designed to correct and accommodate. Coming in a variety of forms such as felt pads and/or custom-made shoe inserts, orthotics fix abnormalities and support people during various activities, such as standing, walking, and running.
Of course, you can always buy over-the-counter inserts, and while they do alleviate some very mild symptoms, nothing beats the custom orthotics from our Brooklyn offices. This is because our orthotics are designed around your unique foot structure and, therefore, specifically focused on helping you with your specific needs.
Custom orthotics come in three categories that are designed to combine functionality, control, and protection, as you'll see from the types of orthotics mentioned below.
Types of Orthotics
- Rigid Orthotics: Rigid orthotic can eliminate aches and pains in your legs, thighs, and lower back because they're made of firm materials, plastic, or carbon fiber. Rigid orthotics control foot function and are generally used for the distress caused by regular walking.
- Soft Orthotics: Soft orthotics help people regain balance and reduce foot pressure by absorbing shock because they're made of cushioning material. Soft orthotics are beneficial for people suffering from diabetes and arthritis.
- Semi-Rigid Orthotics: Semi-rigid orthotics treat children suffering from foot disorders like in-toeing or out-toeing disorders by providing foot balance. They're made of plastic or fiber and soft cushioning material.
Do you need a consultation?
If you have any questions or would like more information about custom orthotics, call Drs. Joseph C. Stuto and Joseph A. Stuto in Brooklyn, NY, at (718) 624-7537 for the Remsen St. office, or (718) 567-1403 for the 7th Avenue location.